Sunday, March 14, 2010

Someone has their eye’s open!

Yesterday was a good day.  Both kids are holding steady!  Karsyn is a fiesty little one.  She gets very agitated and flings her arms and legs all around…A LOT!  This unfortunately  causes her levels to jump around quite a bit, so the doctors and nurses are working to figure her out!  They gave her a paralytic during the day yesterday to calm her down and try to get her to stabilize a bit.   It worked because she didn’t move an inch!!  This is very unusual for our little social butterfly!!  So, Jeff and I didn’t mess with her very much in hopes that she would stay calm!  I did get to changer her diaper for the first time which was exciting!  Check back with me in a year to see if I still find these diaper changes so exciting!!!

Mr. Kaden is still doing pretty good!  As is common with preemies, he seems to have a bit of fluid on his lungs, so they started him on some breathing treatments.  They are hoping to get his sodium levels up a little bit and be able to give him some diuretics to help with this fluid.  They also flipped him over on his tummy.  He looks very comfortable and HE OPENED HIS EYES!!!  I don’t have great pictures of it b/c of the way he was laying, but he definitely peeked at us off an on throughout the day!  The Dr’s also had us start  “holding” him a little today.  Now let me explain…their “holding” wasn’t really holding!!  We start slowly!  We got to put our hands underneath his little snuggly support and lift him up a bit and rock him back and forth.  I think this is to see how he’s going to tolerate the movement.  He seemed to do pretty good…so hopefully actual holding is somewhere in the near future!

Other than that we don’t have much to report!  We like day’s like yesterday!! 

Kaden on his tummy!  You can’t really tell in this picture, but his little bottom is in the  air…it’s pretty cute!!March 13 006

peek – a – boo!!March 13 004

Mommy “holding” KadenMarch 13 010

and maybe crying a little bit……March 13 009

Daddy’s turn!  Daddy’s a little taller so it was hard to get a good picture.

March 13 012 March 13 014   

No pictures of Karsyn …like I said we were trying to leave the little princess alone so she would calm down!  Maybe we’ll grab some today!

5 comments:

Callie and John said...

Sounds like Little Miss knows what she likes and doesn't. Let the fun times begin! Glad to know things are going well.

KyleCavallo said...

What an exciting day! You're in our thoughts and prayers daily. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
- Kyle & April

Aimee said...

Very exciting! HUGS!

Meghan said...

What awesome news! I am so happy for you guys.

The Brewer's said...

Way to go Kaden and Karsyn! I'm so glad they are getting to feel their mommy and daddy's touch!