For the most part Day 4 was a good one! Karsyn and Kaden both had good nights and were “holding their own”….this has become one of our favorite phrases! I was actually discharged from the hospital yesterday, so we spent the morning going back and forth from our room to NICU and packing everything up. Leaving the hospital was definitely not easy, and there might have been a few tears shed along the way, but the 2 year old waiting at home made it a tad easier! We were ready (well as ready as we’ll ever be) to get home to our own bed and to get started in our new “normal” routine. Sadly we hadn’t been home more than an hour when we got a call from Dr. Gee saying they’d done a repeat Echo cardiogram on Kaden and felt they needed to go in and close his PDA just as they had Karsyn’s the day before. SO…back to the hospital we went!
Kaden came through the surgery well, and his levels were already looking much better when we left. We told Kaden and Karsyn goodnight (again) and headed back home!!
It was nice to sleep and shower at home, and we’ll be headed back up to the hospital this afternoon! So, until next time here are a few pictures!!
Karsyn Jane – Day 4
Kaden James – day 4 – pre surgery
Friday night some of my sweet bible study friends surprised me with a visit! Friday I was having my first shower at work! It was a joint shower with my friend Shannon. SO, they brought all my presents up and even brought cake!!! I am so thankful for all the sweet gifts and cards…and definitely thankful for the cake!! I don’t have pictures of everything, but Amy made these adorable name letters for the twins. I’m trying to figure out how to attach them to their beds…they’ll be the cutest babies in there!!!!
3 comments:
Always great to hear they are holding their own! Glad you are home and are able to sleep in your own bed and see Brady! Love seeing pictures of Kaden and Karsyn, so keep them coming...they are just as precious as can be! Hang in there and take care of yourself...and if you need ANYTHING, just call me!
I found you through Hayley's Blog. Sending many, many prayers to your family and your two new tiny additions! They are precious and seem to be real fighters! I love their names!
Sweet, sweet babies! So glad you were able to go home, but it must have been so hard to leave without them. Continued prayers from our family! We love you!
Post a Comment