Finally a day with no bad news! Miss Karsyn is responding very well to the changes made yesterday. When we left yesterday her oxygen was at 99%, by 6:00 when we called to check she was down to 70%, and by this morning she was at 50%! This is definitely a welcomed improvement. Her heart rate has always been high…in the 180’s and today she was in the 150’s! The doctor said her chest xray this morning showed that the inflation in her lungs had gone down and was alleviating the pressure on her heart. Needless to say Jeff and I were thrilled to hear something positive about sister! Now, obviously this is all taking place with her pretty much out of the equation (knocked out), so hopefully in the next few days they can get her oxygen down a little more and will be able to slowly bring her back to reality. So our main concern/prayer is that as she’s brought back into the equation that she will continue to respond well.
Kaden is still trucking along. They’ve increased his feeds again to 12 cc’s and will add fortifier to my milk tomorrow. The fortifier adds more protein and calcium (and some other things I can’t remember right now) that preemies need to help them grow. They did a does of diuretics last night and will do 3 more doses over the next 3 days. Their hope is to be able to try CPAP again on Friday or Saturday. I was able to hold Kaden Kangaroo style today. Skin to skin aka Kangaroo holding is the best way to hold preemies as it keeps them warm and they love the skin to skin contact. I held him for almost an hour and loved every minute of it!!
Look at that tiny little head!!
a quick pic before they closed the top again!!
and sweet sister still sacked out!
The neurosurgeon from TCH is supposed to come over tomorrow to take a look at Karsyn’s cranial ultrasound and to discuss what course of action to take against her brain bleed. Please keep her in your prayers.
6 comments:
They are the sweetest, tiniest things I have ever seen! You are all in my prayers!
We love you Kaden and Karsyn! Praying for a good report tomorrow!
Praying for a great report today! Keep us posted!
um, for someone who just had twins and I am sure is exhausted from traveling back and forth all over Houston, you look AMAZING! and I bet you don't even have on make up...you look so peaceful holding that sweet little man. I hope you get to hold little Miss Sassy soon too!!!
Phew is RIGHT! So glad to hear that Little Miss PRISS is responding so well! Love the kangaroo care pictures of you and your tiny little man. You look FANTASTIC Kim! Praying for good news today too! Thanks for taking the time to keep us all up to date on your precious babies...I know it's hard for you to do, but I sure love to hear all about their day!!! Love ya!
Hi Kim, Kori sent me your website with the urgency to pray. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for your family and cheering on Team Brewer with the rest of your friends and family. How wonderful to hold your precious son. Praying those tiny ones on in strength & size, Shanan James Marek
http://web.me.com/marekfamily
Post a Comment