Wow…..the last 2 days have been eventful for the Brewer’s. As most of you have heard we welcomed Karsyn Jane and Kaden James into the world early Wednesday morning. They were born and 24weeks and 5 days. Kaden weighed in at 1.14 lbs and Karsyn was 1.13 lbs. Needless to say things were and continue to be a little scary. Before I get into the details, I’ll tell “the story” as to how this all unfolded.
If you’ll notice the title, it was intended to be a pun. Of course our little bundles are little bitty, but it has a little more meaning to it than that! We were invited by Granpa and Grandma Nan to go to opening night of the rodeo on Tuesday night. Alan Jackson was singing, and Jeff and I are both Alan Jackson fans. are you beginning to pick up on the intended pun?!?! At the concert I began to feel a little uncomfortable. It was nothing big and for the sake of putting it all into perspective I really just thought I was constipated! I thought that mixed with those oh so comfortable stadium seats was the source of my discomfort. So I ignored it and continued to sing along with Alan….and of course Little Bitty was one of his songs!
On the way home I was still a little uncomfortable and couldn’t wait to get home to try to get rid of the constipation! To make a long story short, once we got home I began to bleed a bit and obviously called the on call dr. She asked me to come in for observation. So, Jeff called Grandma to come over to sit with Brady. She was 30 minutes away and I just had this feeling that I couldn’t wait….so I decided to drive myself. On the way the uncomfortableness turned to pain. And the pain was beginning to get a little worse. I made it to the hospital, threw my keys at the valet guy and got upstairs to labor and delivery. The nurse decided to check me first just to see what was going on. This is where it all gets a little fuzzy. I remember her saying “oh my goodness” and then yelling “we need help in here” She told me it was about to get very busy, and that I was completely dilated and the only thing holding Karsyn in was the bag of water blocking her from the outside. Had it not been for that bag I would have more than likely delivered her in my car on the way to the hospital….by myself! People were in and out, running around trying to get an IV in me (which took FOREVER), trying to get a neonatal team configured and obviously trying to get Jeff to the hospital…FAST. We were taken back to the OR (jeff made it) and because Karsyn was breech they did an emergency C-section.
We were warned of all the possible complications, and were of course scared to death. Both babies cried as soon as they were taken out…which is amazing! They were immediately taken to be stabilized as I was put back together. In recovery they wheeled both kids in so I could look at and touch them briefly which was very nice.
Yesterday was obviously very emotional and confusing. We spent most of the day in complete shock about everything that had happened. My pregnancy had been so easy and there were no signs or complications until Tuesday night. We were and still are very confused as to how and why this happened. But we’re confident God is in complete control. On the way to the hospital I heard a song on KSBJ about how God has you in his hands. How completely perfect and has been my prayer for the last 36 hours.
The babies are doing as well as can be expected. They will have good days and bad days and we are in for a long NICU stay. The will be there more than likely until at least 36 weeks which would be in May. They both seem to be holding their own and the neonatologist and nurses keep saying they’re on the right track. We are obviously learning a lot, and have a lot to learn about what the next few months are going to look like for our precious twins. I plan to keep the blog updated with their progress as much as I can. We are so overwhelmed and appreciative of the outpouring of prayers and love from all you guys. We can definitely feel God’s presence and are truly blessed to have such amazing friends and family. We apologize if you’ve called or texted and we haven’t responded. We’re trying to get our bearings and even though we’re not responding we’re definitely thankful for all you guys are doing. We love and appreciate you more than you could ever know.
The babies are tiny but beautiful and fiesty! We have a few pictures.
Karsyn Jane
I had a sweet friend from work stop by briefly last night and brought us this precious picture. I don’t think the message on it could be more perfect. Definitely what we’re feeling and praying for every second! It just might become my new motto!!
21 comments:
Kim - Congratulations on your tiny little miracles! What a blessing! I will pray daily for all of you and look forward to reading updates about your sweet little ones.
Wow, Kim, wow. Congratulations. I'm sure it is a whirlwind and even a bit chaotic. May the Lord bring you peace, joy, clarity, and certainly strength. Two little bitty babies. Precious. Blessings to you all.
WOAH! Girl been thinking about you all since Haylay Scott told us. You are in our prayers and thoughts. The NICU stay can be so hard but know you have others that have done it if you ever need to talk to someone who understands!
Kim, congratulations on your sweet blessings. Only you could tell a story like that with grace and humor. Love you and praying for y'all.
We love you and please know that we will come get Brady or do laundry or whatever you need!
What precious little miracles you have! Congrats! We are praying for you all!
Kristi (Blog friend of Haley's)
Kim and Jeff,
Your wonderful family is in my thoughts and prayers. Your two little bitty babies are a beautiful blessing! I look forward to your updates.
ummm...were'nt we due at the same time?! Oh My Gravy! I cant even imagine what you are going through. Those babies are the most precious little miracles I have ever seen!! Praying for strength for you and Jeff over the next few weeks and months. Please keep us updated and let us know if you need anything!!
Hi there! I got your blog address from Julie Beth, and I wanted you to know I would be praying for you. We are nearing day 50 of our stay in the NICU with our baby girl. I am in your shoes, so if you need an outside advice or shoulder, please let me know. :)
You can check out Addie's story on our blog: www.auntjohnnie.blogspot.com
Remember that even though things seem out of control, God is always in control. :)
Oh Kim, I am saying prayers for you and your whole family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
I'm a blog friend of Hayley's and a twin mama too! I've been lifting your sweeeeet tiny miracles up in prayer and you and your hubby too. I had my girls at 30 weeks (it was quite a surprise when they came that early!) and after their 6 week NICU stay, they're now 18 months old happy and healthy! God is so good! I know it's a roller coaster, but hang in there and know you're being prayed for. We've been there!
Amy
ame0831@gmail.com
Oh Kim. My goodness. SO praying for you in a different way. For your precious babies, for health, and for strength and peace for you as you are away from your boys. May the Lord use this situation for HIS glory as he grows your precious K&K for HIM.
Blessings!
Kim and family...you are in our prayers and thoughts and we will keep you there until those little miracles are home! Cassie sends extra hugs and kisses to the babies!
Yes, it is alright to be Little Bitty! Remember, not everything is big in Texas! Hayley Scott shared your story and it gave me goose bumps becuase I was in your shoes 19 months ago. I had my twin girls at Texas Womans at 27 weeks and they were 2.5 pounds and have been truly our little miralcles. Your babies look great. They have great color and look identical to our first day pictures. There are so many people praying for you and your family and as life will be much different over the next couple of months, just keep that positive attitude and pray pray pray for STRENGTH! I promise it works and if you have strength, you can do anything and will be the Mommy & Daddy those babies need. The Key Family is sending lots of blessings and prayers your way and we will be following your angels.
Kim -
We are lifting up your family and those sweet twins in prayer daily. Congrats on the sweet little blessings.
Congratulations on your tiny and PRECIOUS miracles. You know we are all praying for you. If you need ANYTHING, please do not hesitate to call or send me a text. Love you all!
Kim,
Sarah and I are praying for your family and your new little ones.
God Bless,
Chad
Congrats Kim! They are so precious. Definitely will be praying for you and those sweet babies. I love their names.
Kim and Jeff!
I can't wait to see Karsyn and Kaden. Wouldn't you know it was Karsyn kicking her way out - be ready for a lifetime of fun! Poor Kaden just had to go along for the ride. :) Jeff, I think you might have your hands full with your precious little girl. Kim, each pregnancy does not have to top the last one! looking for a little normalcy here girl. It was great talking with you and you know I will do anything for you -
We love ya'll!
I found your blog through a friends and I had to comment. What a story! My twins are only 2 1/2 months old and we had a scary unexpected delivery so that was a tearful read that brought back so many things. These little babies are such fighters and so much stronger than we know. God is with them and will take care of them and I know from experience that NICU can and will do AMAZINg things. I know I don't know you but now I have to follow your story and know that my thoughts and prayers are with your sweet family! Remember, one day at a time and this to shall pass!
Brewer Family -- My husband and I are part of a Scripture Study Class with Sharon Labrecque in Port Angeles, WA. Please know that we, and the class as a whole, are praying for you and your two precious new miracles.
Post a Comment