Sunday, May 16, 2010

Productive weekend

We got a lot accomplished this weekend!!  Jeff and I went to the hospital on Saturday to hang out with the K’s while Brady went to play with the Cole Clan.  We went to pick B up, hung out for a while and headed home about 4:30.  We got home and decided it was time to do something about our flower beds.  We pretty much lost everything in our front beds because of the freeze last winter and… well…. we had babies unexpectedly in March so the yard has been completely neglected!  Jeff went to buy dirt while I “tilled” up the existing dirt and pulled all the weeds.  And today while Daddy went to spend time with the K’s, Brady, Grandma and I planted flowers and finished up the work!  They look great!  I haven’t taken a picture yet but I will!

The babies are doing great.  Kaden hit the 6 lb mark last night!!!  Karsyn has lost a little weight this week and is still hanging out around 5 lbs 4 oz.  Dr. Steinkuller came by yesterday and said Kaden’s eyes still looked the same which was good.  He said they’re getting very close to the “safe zone” and he doubts he will have to have the surgery, but will check them again on Wednesday just to make sure.  Kaden is taking 4 bottles a day and will move to 5 tomorrow.  Karsyn is doing 2 bottles a day and completely finishes one of them and does all but a few cc’s of the other one.  She will move to 3 bottles tomorrow.  The occupational therapist came by today and suggested that we start putting the babies in swings and bouncy seats!!! Can’t wait to get a few pics of them out of their beds for play time!!!!  Here are a few pics from yesterday.  Karsyn is SO alert these days.  She loves to look up at her mobile and is definitely beginning to tell us when she’s hungry.  She’s definitely the vocal one of the two!!!

I love this pic because it looks like Kaden is smiling!!may 15 012

This kid likes to sleep!  It’s tiring to keep cheeks that chunky I guess!!

may 15 011

the diva herself!!may 15 002

checking out her mobilemay 15 003  

Sweet little girl!  And we’ve officially outgrown all our preemie clothes!!  Moving on up to newborn!!may 15 009

9 comments:

Hayley said...

They are so precious Kim and are truly miracles from God. It's been so fun watching them grow and accomplish new milestones. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer and closer and I'm so happy for your sweet little family! Can't wait to kiss and love on them!!

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson said...

So sweet! Hooray for all of the bottles! That is fantastic news! :)

Is God good or what?!

Ebes said...

oh my goodness they are getting so big!! I wish I lived there so I could swing by and kiss on those cheeks! So stinkin' cute Kim! Can't wait to see them in their new toys soon!

rathi said...

So happy for you both!! What great weights for both of them! Can't wait to see them in their swings and bouncy seats! I have some newborn clothes of K's that she barely wore, if you want any of it for Karsyn i can send it to you! Let me know! Have a wonderful week. Lots of love to all your babies and our regards to Jeff!

Mark and Mandi said...

Kim- they are looking SO GOOD!!! Thanks for all the updates- all of you continue to be in my prayers:)

Katie said...

LOVE IT! Go Karsyn Go!

Unknown said...

6 lbs??? Little chunkers!!! They are absolute miracles Kim! I am so happy for you!

Ashley

Lindsay Garrett said...

Kim,
They look fabulous! They are examples of answered prayer! I am so happy for you guys. I know you still have a VERY LONG road ahead but they are looking good! This is GREAT!

Lots of love,
Lindsay

Rathi said...

Krishani wants to send her buddies a present! Can you send me your address to my email (rnair1800@yahoo.com)

Have a great week!