Friday, April 16, 2010

I love short posts!

That means things are going good with the babies!!  I have nothing much to report!!  They’re still holding their own.  Both are still tolerating their feeds well over an hour.  Both are at anywhere from 27%-32% oxygen.  And neither are having many noticeable A’s and B’s that they do not resolve on their own.  Karsyn’s head is still soft, so they’re still just in the “holding pattern” watching it closely and they will be ready to react if there are any sudden changes.  They will do another head ultrasound on Monday.  The doctors are hoping to start weaning both of their CPAP settings next week. 

We are so pleased with the progress they are both making.  We are still praying like crazy that their lungs mature and that they are able to handle lower cpap settings.  We are all too aware that anything can happen at any time to cause set backs for our little munchkins, but we are so thankful for the improvements God has given us over the last week.  We are definitely in a better place than we were a couple of weeks ago and know that God is in total control and is to be given all the credit for these miracles.  We’re so thankful for the prayer warriors, nurses, doctors and etc that God has sent to care for our miracles.  Although the babies seem to be in a better place we are reminded of the roller coaster that is the NICU and ask that you continue to pray!  Pray for the nurses and doctors, for their little lungs, and obviously Karsyn’s brain (she’s definitely not out of the woods), and for strength for Jeff and I.  The daily emotional strain of having children in the hospital is definitely still present!  It’s so amazing to look back and see how far we’ve come in the last 6 weeks.  It’s been a CRAZY time, and a time I’ve definitely prayed over and over again wasn’t my reality.  I’ve cried many tears, prayed many prayers, and questioned more than I wish I had, but God has remained faithful to us.  I’m sure there are many more tears, prayers and questions around the corner but thankfully God will still be there!

We are going back to Women’s tomorrow morning to drop off a little “thank you for all you did” present and are so excited to see our nurses and doctors again!  Daddy and I will then head to Children’s to love on those babies and then back home to love on that 2 year old!!  Here are a few pics from the day!

sweet little princessapril 16 010

Kaden’s precious little eyes!april 16 002

I laughed so hard when I saw this picture!! I immediately thought of the home alone movies!!april 16 004

sleeping again!!  I I know he has stuff all over his face, but I can’t get over how much he looks like Brady!!april 16 006

2 comments:

JB said...

sweet pictures - i thought kaden looked like brady too!

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson said...

Precious! Praise the Lord for answered prayers... we're still praying for you in Tennessee! :)