Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Still here!

We’re still here!!!  We’re busy going do Dr. appointments for Kaden, visiting Karsyn, and keeping up with Brady…but we’re loving every minute of it!  Nana is here helping us as we run back and forth and we’re definitely enjoying having a little help!!

Kaden is doing great.  Last week we cut back the amount of milk he got in every bottle to hopefully help with the reflux.  That worked great for a few days…until a few nights ago when Kaden decided he needed a bottle every hour and a half.  Of course he decided this in the middle of the night….and of course it was mommy’s turn for the night shift!!  When  you’re feeding every hour and a half, by the time you hold him for 20 minutes because of his reflux, put him back to sleep…clean up the bottles and other feeding paraphernalia….there’s not much time to crawl back in bed before the next feeding.  Throw having to pump in the mix and let’s just say I was pretty grumpy the next day!!!  SO we decided today (our pedi suggested) to start adding rice cereal to his bottles to thicken it to help with the reflux.  Hopefully this will help him and hold him off a little longer between bottles!!!  Other than that he’s doing wonderfully.  He’s starting to be awake more and is really quite alert!!  We are loving having him at home.  He had an eye appointment Tuesday and his eyes looked good so he doesn’t have to go back for 2 weeks!!

Karsyn is still doing great as well.  They did another head ultrasound this morning and although the clot is resolving unfortunately it is still there and they are going to continue tapping her for another week and will re-evaluate her next Wednesday.  So at least one more week without our little girl at home.  We are very glad she is getting the care she needs and that the doctors are monitoring her closely but we’re very ready to have her home.  Jeff and I obviously feel very torn between the house and the hospital and wish we could give everyone all of our attention….I’m sure with 3 kids we’ll struggle with this for years!!!  BUT as I’ve said many times before, if we’ve learned one thing through all of this it’s that God has an amazing plan for our family and the day Karsyn comes home and we’re together as a family will be perfect!!! 

A couple of months ago our bible study group read a chapter about whether or not (if we could) we would want to know the whole plan…would we want to know what God knows.  It was an interesting conversation and I didn’t, at that point, know what my thoughts were on the subject.  BUT now I know.  I’m very thankful I don’t know the whole plan.  I’m very glad that God…who is much more wise than I….only gives me what I can handle at the moment.  Even though we’re pretty bummed and want to know when Karsyn will be home and how exactly all this will play out I have faith God will orchestrate the next few weeks perfectly….and even though I like to think I can handle all the details and want to know the whole plan…I don’t. I want to trust the God that has carried me this far!! 

Without further ado here are some pictures!!!  Brady is having a blast with Nana and is getting a ton of attention.  I’m not playing favorites I promise ,I just keep forgetting to take my camera to the hospital…sorry Karsyn I’ll do a post  with just your pictures very soon!!!

 

Sweet, sweet baby blues!!  This was after bath time the other day.  I took the oxygen off for the bath and he did great for about 3 hours afterwards!!  Hopefully it won’t be long!!june 16 033 

and the ever yummy cheeks!!!june 16 035

bit brother making sure Kaden’s toys are safe!! june 16 041

Nana and her boys! june 16 046

My super babies! june 16 054

This morning Brady and Daddy went down to Grandma’s beach house for a day of fun in the sun!!!  He had a blast! june 16 015 june 16 017 june 16 027

No comments: