Saturday, March 5, 2011

The big day!

Jeff and I both took the day off Thursday to celebrate the twins first birthday as a family!!!  The plan…….feed the babies breakfast at 8:00 and put them in the car so they could take their first nap on the way to the NICU at womens.  Well I’m happy to report that we were actually in the car and on our way by 8:35!!!

The birthday babies ready to go!!!

   IMG_5418

wouldn’t be a normal day without a little mischief!!IMG_5419

It’s my birthday and I’ll cry if I want to!!  I LOVE this picture!!  Look at that little smirk Karsyn has on her face as she scratches her brother…i’m telling you boys, you’d better watch out she’s going to come after you one day!!IMG_5422

my 3 angels!!!IMG_5425

We made it to Womens and were fortunate to get to see a lot of the nurses, practitioners and doctors we had while we stayed there!  It was definitely a little emotional to be back.  Kaden got a little “shy” when everyone was talking to him…but hey who can blame him the kid doesn’t go anywhere and has never had that many people looking at him at one time!! 

After a great visit we headed to TCH and again got to see some of our favorite nurses!  We missed Ms Katie  and Ms Anessa, but hopefully we get to see them soon!

I, being the great mommy I am forgot to get out my camera when we were visiting with the nurses and doctors…maybe next year!  But here’s a picture of the K’s outside the NICU at women’s waiting on their visitors!IMG_5428 

Next up…. a picnic and the zoo!  I have to brag on the babies, I’m well aware that we had a FULL day planned and I half expected this day to go down in flames!  BUT they did great!! They missed 2 naps and just kept on smiling!!!

Picnic lunch with daddy!! IMG_5432

big brother had a blast feeding the ducks!IMG_5434

and chasing them away from the babies!IMG_5439

little snack!!IMG_5436 

and it wouldn’t be a good birthday without a few cuddles from daddy!IMG_5440

The Zoo!  Brady was so excited to show them all the zoo had to offer!

IMG_5444

checking out the lionIMG_5445 IMG_5448

clearly unimpressed with the giraffe's!IMG_5450

playing the drums!IMG_5454 IMG_5460

riding the carousel!IMG_5465 IMG_5466 IMG_5467

and this is what we got as soon as we got in the car!!  Karsyn is asleep too, but unfortunately she doesn’t weigh enough to turn around yet so you can’t see her!!

IMG_5470

We had an amazing day celebrating our precious gifts!  It was so fun to feel normal again and to take the babies out…even if only for a little while!!  I can’t wait for April!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Kim - that picture of you & the babies on the carousel is precious! Glad y'all had a great day!

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson said...

Happy birthday to your babies! Can't believe it's been a year! God is so good! :)