Friday, August 27, 2010

5 months and 3 years

This is a bit late…..especially seeing as the twins will be 6 months next week but what the heck!!

We took ALL 3 kids to the doctor for check ups last Friday!  Yep…we’re crazy and I’m fairly sure we’re being kicked out of the practice after that visit!!!  The babies had their 5 month check ups ( a little late) and Brady had his 3 year check up!

Kaden is ON THE CHARTS for a normal 5 month old!! Granted he’s only in the 10th percentile…but he’s there!!!  Dr. Isenhower was very pleased with how well he’s growing!  He weighed 14.4lbs and was 22 1/2 inches long.  The only big change we made for Kaden was moving him to formula.  I have to admit this broke my heart a bit.  I really wanted to be able to feed him for at least a year.  BUT it just wasn’t going to happen with there being two babies to feed….just not enough milk.  SO since she thought formula would be better for his reflux anyway we decided sister would probably benefit from having breast milk a little longer and moved big boy to a formula to target reflux issues.  It’s taken me over a week to post this because I have honestly struggled with the transition more than I ever thought I would.  I felt like I was having to choose one over the other and all that fun mind game crap we moms like to put ourselves through!! BUT the truth is we have noticed a difference and Kaden seems much more comfortable with formula that he was with breastmilk.   I’m sure the fact that he’s on formula isn’t going to send him into therapy when he’s older….me on the other hand…we all know I already have one foot in that door!!!!  All of this is probably waaaay too much info for most of you but I wanted to document my feelings!!!

Kasryn looked great!! Not quite on the charts but still gaining weight.  She weighed 11.8lbs and was 22 3/4 inches long.  Yes she’s longer than Kaden!!!  Long and lean!!  We have actually noticed some pretty big improvements for her neurologically this week and I’m excited to go back to Dr. Dauser next week to see if these improvements are as major as I think they are!!!  So keep that in your prayers!!

Brady!! My big 3 year old!! It was funny….we did the twins first and you know the doctors bring in those curve charts to show you where on the curve your child is for weight and height and etc….so we’d obviously been looking at the bottom of that little curve for the twins but when it was big boy’s turn we got to make a HUGE jump up to the top of that curve!!!  Brady weighed 39 lbs and was 39 inches tall!  In the 90th percentile!!!  Unfortunately he had to get a shot  that didn’t go over very well!  All the way home he sat in the back and kept repeating “I not wike it dat lady”!! Poor pumpkin!!

All in all we have 3 healthy babies who are all growing and gaining weight appropriately!!!

Brewer-26

2 comments:

Rathi said...

Love it and the videos posted above!! Happy six months to the kiddos!!

Two Sisters said...

Kim, I think it is amazing that you were able to keep up with pumping for that long for 2 babies!!! You are my hero:)! And Brady weighs 9 lbs. more than his friend AC! That is crazy. Love miss you! And can't wait to get my hands on those sweet babies someday.