Wednesday, July 13, 2011

life lately

we’ve been sick, sick, sick around the Brewer house.  From pink eye, to ear infections, to upper respiratory issues, to rashes….NOT a pretty sight!  So needless to say we’ve been laying low the last few days trying our best to get well!!

Karsyn and I ventured out yesterday to go to her follow up CT scan and appointment with her neurosurgeon.  Unfortunately the CT scan showed that her ventricle size had increased again from just 2 weeks ago.  So Dr. Dauser made the rather quick decision that he needed to go in and do some repairs to her shunt…tomorrow.  Needless to say this mommy that likes to have everything planned out and on the calendar wasn’t happy with the shifting that now needed to take place…but we’ll run with it!  Yesterday was a pretty bad day….we’d been trudging along just fine for so long and I guess somewhere along the way we forgot or were trying to forget about this portion of our lives.  The idea of seeing my little girl intubated and sending her off to surgery is one I was hoping I’d never have to deal with again. It’s something you never get used to and it never gets any easier.   But, here we are again, and again we’re trusting fervently in the God that’s brought us this far.  We’re not sure what time the surgery will be tomorrow, but if you would keep our little princess and her surgeons in your prayers we would appreciate it! 

Here are a few pictures to hold you over of the kids around the house the last few day!!  I rarely have time to bring out my camera but I love when I do because it’s some precious moments I want to treasure forever!!

doesn’t everyone watch baseball with a fireman’s hat, a bucket, a blanket and an umbrella???July 4 033 

sleepy girl…just can’t wait for bedtime!July 4 037

my sweet rotten little man!July 4 039

tired babies!

July 4 038

I love it that he finds it necessary to lay right on top of her…and I love it even more that she could seem to care less!!July 4 045

oh the trouble this one can get into!July 4 030

what??

July 4 027

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson said...

We'll be praying that all goes well for sweet Karsyn (and Mom and Dad) tomorrow!