or high chairs for 2 I guess!!! Kaden has been eating baby food for a while now. When he started eating, Karsyn just wasn’t ready yet. And then when I thought she was getting ready, I started working with her a little bit and we had some gagging issues! Unfortunately, she seems to have inherited her mother and grandanny’s amazing gag reflex! She would gag any time I put anything in her mouth. I was actually starting to get a little worried and had begun talking to the occupational therapist about what we needed to do for her. However, yesterday I was feeding Kaden his oatmeal and peaches and thought what the heck I’ll give it a try…and she LOVED it!!! No gagging whatsoever! My guess is she had a texture issue with the rice cereal or something. She’s now had 3 meals and is still doing well!! She’s by no means eating as much as Tubby is but she’s not gagging so I’m a happy mommy!!!
spoon in mouth and no immediate gagging….SUCCESS!
I know she doesn’t look thrilled but I promise she liked it!
I also decided this weekend that I would buy some puffs for Kaden to start working on picking things up and bringing them to his mouth. He picked right up on it!! He had a hard time actually getting them in his mouth, but he eventually got a few up there!! AND I would just like for everyone (mainly my bible study girls) to notice the puffs on Kaden’s tray…..they’re whole!!! For those of you who are not hysterically laughing at me at right now, you’re missing the fact that with Brady I was a little – okay a lot – neurotic. I had (and still have) this amazing fear of choking and because I was crazy, I cut the puffs in fourths….yes puffs the ones that melt in their mouths….I know I’m crazy!! But look I’m getting better!!! Less neurotic? No, I’ve just transferred my neurosis to a different area!!!
4 comments:
YEA! So glad Karsyn is starting to eat like a champ!
That last pic of Kaden is soooo adorable!
I am SOOOOO glad I am not the only mom who was neurotic over choking with the first baby. But you are SO right that the things you obsess over, DEFINATELY change the second time around. They look SOO big sitting in their high chairs. Cannot believe how much they are changing. Have a great Monday sweet friend!
They are so big!!! Can cold and flu season pass so I can come see them!!!
I am still laughing at the puffs story and will forever laugh because it's just funny!
I haven't tried puffs with Krishani yet, but now i want to!! She would probably love them! Love them in the high chairs.. We have been feeding K her baby food in there so she gets used to that and not having to chase her when she's older to feed.. Hope to meet up with you guys after flu season is over!
Post a Comment