my trophy for mom of the year that is! Let me just start by saying I’m not sure why I’m sharing this story. Maybe because I want to remember it….maybe not. Maybe because I know that every mom has those days where they feel they are the worst mom EVER. Well ladies, next time you’re having one of those days and you think you’re the worst mom on earth…please think back to the post you read about the day I locked my son in the car and the police had to come get him out. Yep that’s right….
I was dropping off a gift at Stacy’s house. Stacy (Trenton’s mom) just had sweet baby Trace. I just needed to drop something off quickly so I left Brady in the car and ran to the door. NOW, I could see him the whole time…never out of my sight. Trenton answered the door and of course wanted to see Brady….so I took Trenton outside, opened the van door and put him in the car…unbuckled Brady and the boys played in the car while Stacy and I talked (and while I snuggled with Trace!). They had a blast…acting like total boys…flipping over the seat pretending to drive…everything!! So the time came to go home. I got Trenton out, buckled Brady in, shut the door and went to get in on the drivers seat. That of course is when I realized the boys must have hit the lock button while they were playing…yep locked in. Luckily the car was on so he had air and there was even a light on so he could see us and we could see him. Trenton’s daddy jumped into action, called a friend who’s a cop and had him send someone over to help us. In the meantime Brady is screaming “I WANT TO GO HOME” which quickly turns into “I HAVE TO GO TT”….of course you do!
Needless to say the cops showed up, freed my sweet little boy who doesn’t seem to be too scarred, and didn’t report me to CPS. A good day I think!!
3 comments:
oh boy!
I did that one time with my kid at.the.bank!
yeah, embarrassed! And that was 26 years ago!
I have your trophy at my house! Feel free to come back by and pick it up. We will have the police on standby!
Ha! That story is awesome! Girl, if you want that award, you need to drive up to A-town and take it from me- something about lots of little ones brings out the best in us.
I love all the new pics. Your kids are precious and doing so well! Congrats :)
Post a Comment