Friday, May 22, 2009

Take me out to the ball game

Last night I got last minute Astros tickets from a friend at work, so Jeff and I decided this would be the perfect time for Brady’s first game!!

We got there early (very early) for batting practice. We had great first base dugout seats, but  Brady was not the least bit interested in sitting in his seat, he wanted to march right down to the field where the balls were!!  He was not AT ALL happy that he couldn’t get on the field and play with the guys!!  So needless to say distractions were very necessary at this point.  I was beginning to think we wouldn’t even make it to the first inning!  BUT, after some chicken nuggets, french fries, ice cream, a cookie, some peanuts, and time spent in the main squeeze kids area we were good to go!!!  We made it through 3 entire innings, which meant Brady made it from 5:30-8:30, and considering 7:00 is usually bedtime I was pretty impressed!  He got to see his first homerun, and of course got a few souvenirs to take home!  And to make the night even better they were playing the Brewers!  Nothing better than going to a game where the opposing team wears your name on their jersey!!!  All in all we had a great time and look forward to many more memories at the ballpark!

Where are we daddy??

May 091

Brady got a little wooden bat that has the Astros logo on it.  He didn’t put it down all night!!!May 093

Watching a little BP…notice the bat?!May 056

Playing in the main squeeze.  I love Brady’s face!May 065

uh-oh I dropped my bat!May 071

Not a great picture, but I wanted the game going on behind him!May 077

Mommy and her sweet boy!May 080

1 comment:

Ebes said...

bats do make everything better! so cute KIm!!