This weekend was Daddy’s birthday weekend and he wanted to spend it at the beach. So Friday we packed up and headed down to Grandma’s beach house! What a great, relaxing weekend!!! Here’s a run down on the weekend!
Testing the water! A little chilly!
Brady was a little unsure of the water, but was testing it out….until about 3 seconds after this picture was taken…… a wave knocked him down…..
And this is what he spent the rest of the weekend doing….running AWAY from the water!
resting after a long beach walk!
Sitting in Grandma’s lap – someone always had to be in between him and the water!
The sand on the other hand was a HUGE hit!
Who needs the ocean when you have a mud hole like this one?!?!
Snack Break…..kicked back relaxing on the beach!
After naptime on Saturday, Brady and I made Daddy a birthday cake.
And of course Brady had to taste it!
Unfortunately this was the only taste of the cake Brady got Saturday night. After making the cake we went back out to the beach for a couple of hours. Came back in, gave Brady a bath (his 3rd of the day…it’s amazing how much mud a little munchkin can hold in a diaper!) and started dinner. I look over at my son playing with his toys just as he begins throwing up….EVERYWHERE. Poor little guy was sick ALL night. Now, your toddler throwing up - not usually that big of a deal, but couple this with the runny nose he’d had for two days and a swine flu pandemic and I was one paranoid momma! I didn’t sleep at all….kept thinking oh my goodness I’m going to be one of the people they’re talking about on the news. I had every intention of waking up (as if I were asleep) and going straight to the urgent care clinic this morning. Thankfully, before I got us all quarantined, Grandma checked the package of hot dogs I’d brought for Saturdays lunch and found the January ‘09 expiration date. SO…good news….The Brewers haven’t fallen victim to the great swine flu!! Brady is much better now and has even had a bite of leftover cake!! Ask me how happy I am that Kroger sold me a package of hotdogs that were 3 month past their expiration date. As soon as I get some sleep I fully intend to write them a little letter expressing my disgust!
2 comments:
1. yes, Mr. Kroger needs to hear about those old hot dogs - gross! but so glad it's not the swine flu :)
2. his hair is adorable at the beach. love it!
Brady's the cutest little beach bum I've ever seen!
Post a Comment