Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter ‘09 in review!

Warning: this is a LONG post with LOTS of pictures!  The Grandparents will love it…everyone else is probably rolling their eyes at me right now!

We celebrated Easter on Saturday with my parents and the Cole Crew.  Sunday’s forecast didn’t look very friendly, so instead of having disappointed 3 and unders we decided to hunt eggs early!

I saw these adorable cake pops on Bakerella’s blog (if you haven’t heard of her check her out!) and decided to try my hand at them…they turned out pretty cute…not bad for my first time!April 235

and it looks like they passed the yummy test!April 242 

What would an Easter celebration be with out egg dyeing  - Brady’s second attempt and we STILL got brown eggs!  Yes my child is in a diaper and crocs….judge if you must!April 350

Jacob was very into the egg dyeing….so cute to watch him so intent on coloring the eggs just right!!! 

LOOK it’s GREEN~! April 356 

Easter Egg hunt – our neighbor “accidentally” left a hose on in their backyard for – oh I don’t know 36 hours – and it completely flooded half of our backyard…SO our Easter Egg hunt was moved to the park!!

The Easter Bunny came  - hurry daddy!April 244  

The hunt!April 249

Sweet Hannah took egg hunting seriously!  She ended up with more than double the amount the boys found combined! Go Hannah Go!April 252

Once Brady figured out there was food inside the eggs the hunting slowed down and the eating commenced!April 254

Look what I found!April 260

My handsome boys!April 277

sweet cousins sliding!  This was Jacobs idea…how cute are they?April 283

Brady giving his cousins a ride….they didn’t make it very farApril 305

Aunt Kim/Mommy bought everyone a giant sucker!  Aunt Julie/mommy wasn’t thrilled!!  But look how much they love them!April 332 April 335  

Grandanny and Nana with all 4 grandchildren….no one looking at the camera….oh well!April 318   

Happy Easter to All!  I hope you’re as thankful as we are for the sacrifice Christ made on the Cross.  What  blessings we’ve had bestowed upon us all made possible by God’s amazing Grace.

3 comments:

Gene, Stacy and Trenton said...

Yeah! Im so happy you posted! I love the GIANT lolly pops!

JB said...

Your cake pops ROCK!!! So cute!

The Brewers said...

thanks JB! I thought you would appreciate them!!! I owe my cake pops to you for introducing me to bakerella!!