Thursday, September 25, 2008

I've got the power!

YEA! We have power. Kaufman girls...who does my blog title remind you of? Yes you need to sing it to figure it out!
Our power was restored Wednesday night at about 7:30. Yes that means we were without power for 11 days. Yes that means that we were out of our house for exactly 2 weeks. I have never been so glad to sleep in my own bed in my entire life!!!! So, a little recap of the past two weeks......
Wednesday, September 10th - we head to Dallas to Nana and Grandanny's to escape Ike.
Wednesday, September 17th - I get word that I have to work Friday morning (just one day to assess damage to the district technology), so we head back to Grandma's house...she has power!
Friday, September 19th - Grandma loses power, so we head to the Simonds!
Wednesday, September 24th @ 7:30 we head home to POWER!
It's been stressful, tiring, and fun! A very special thank you to all our friends and family that opened their homes to the nomadic Brewers! We really did have a good time, and Brady was looking for Cooper Thursday morning when he woke up! It's so nice to have friends and family that you know you can turn to in difficult times.
I ran out of space on my memory card so I don't have many pics..well any really...from our time with the Simonds, BUT Brady did finger paint for the first time!! Here's his masterpiece!

beautiful isn't it!!! It's being proudly displayed on our refrigerator. I wish I had a picture of his face...it had more paint on it that the picture does!

And we've had plenty of time to perfect our walking skills. He's been "walking" for over a month, but it used to be a lot of crawling mixed with a little walking. Well, not anymore. Watch out world Brady's mobile!!! It's so cute to watch him as he navigates around his world!

1 comment:

Ebes said...

help...i dont know who that song is supposed to remind me of...and i keep singing it over and over again. driving me crazy!!