Thursday, January 27, 2011

it’s no fun

being sick…..

IMG_5247 IMG_5245

My poor little pumpkin.  Doesn’t he look just pitiful?  Last week Kaden started coughing.  Trying to calm down a bit and not be the over zealous mom that rushes her babies to the dr every time they sneeze (like I"ve been doing for the past 5 months), I decided NOT to take him in right away.  The next day I had an appointment for Brady (next story), so I decided to bring my still coughing preemie along with me.  OF COURSE the one time I don’t rush right in he has severe wheezing that required immediate breathing treatments and a double ear infection.  We had to do breathing treatments every 4 hours – yes even in the middle of the night, which who am I kidding we weren’t sleeping -  and we’re still doing treatments 3 times a day.  Poor little boy!

And then there’s Brady!  He’d been complaining for quite some time (dare I admit almost a month – bad mom) that his leg hurt.  It was very intermittent, but it was still once a day for quite a while.  Well, for about 4 days prior to our visit,  his behavior changed drastically.  He was walking with a noticeable limp all the time, he was crawling up the stairs, and wouldn’t run AT ALL (which if  you know my child is the most troubling of all his symptoms).  So, being the “Crazy, I read too many blogs”  mom that I am, I made an appointment  to put my mind at ease.  After quite possibly the scariest dr appointment of my life (we tested for lukemia, did xrays to check for tumors and bone cancer, and tested for staph infection in the bone) 5 days of motrin 3 times a day has done the trick.  

When I say these children are going to kill me one day, I’m not kidding! And it might be sooner rather than later!!!

Thankfully all seems to be back to normal in the Brewer house and we feel beyond blessed!

No comments: