Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Twins

I figured it was about time for a twin update!  We had our big anatomy ultrasound yesterday!!  We are having a boy and a girl!!!  We are beyond excited!!  Brady has a playmate and we have our princess!!!!  Most of you know that at about 13 weeks we had an ultrasound where the Dr. told us that baby A was a girl and baby B wasn’t cooperating.  SO as we’re sitting there yesterday  the Dr. said “you want to know the sexes right?”  YES…..”okay baby A is a boy”    UMMMMM, you mean the one we thought was a girl is a boy.  Jeff and I exchanged a few  glances and had a conversation with our eyes that went something like this.

"oh my gosh, we’re going to have to tell  grandma and grandma nan that we’re not having a girl”

“you’re making the call” “ no you’re making the call”

The unspoken fight was thankfully put to rest when the Dr. said “and baby B is a girl”  PHEW!!!

And the genders of both were clearly visible on the screen this time!!  The dr. was in a bit of a rush and had twice the work to do with it being twins so we didn’t get great pictures to post.  We got one of our little princess, but none of baby boy so just to be fair I’m not going to post it!!

Everything is looking good.  They’re both measuring about 3 days ahead and were moving around a ton.  I’m starting to really feel them moving and aside from a little nausea (that is usually cured with the medication), and a rapidly growing belly I have nothing to complain about!!  

We are so thankful for these two little beings and appreciate all the prayers and thoughts from our friends and family.  We’ll have the name reveal soon…….I’ve got to leave something out to make you keep coming back!!!

3 comments:

The Settlemeyers said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! You've got me thinking now. I just knew since my doctor was able to tell the sex of my baby at 16 weeks it must be a boy. But I guess little girls are visible that early on. Hmmm...

Hayley said...

I heard the great news from Mandy yesterday and I'm soooo excited! You are going to LOVE having one of each...it's so much fun! Brooks is all boy and Burkley is my little PRINCESS...always walking around with her singing purse and has a necklace around her neck! You have GOT to come buy and get a taste of what your future os going to be like!!! I'm begging you!!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations...cant wait to find out what their names will be! I always loved growing up with 2 brothers...your little "princess" is already off to a great start:-)