Sunday, August 16, 2009

2 Years

Wow, 2 years ago today I was on the way to Dr. Wynne’s office.  Little did I know this was the day we would meet our little man!  Don’t worry I won’t bore you all with the birth story again!!  Jeff and I feel so blessed to have our sweet little Brady.  He is such a  miracle and brings true joy to our life!  I can’t wait to watch him grow and learn even more than he already has.  Although I must admit I’m a little nervous, with as fast as these two years have gone, that I’ll wake up tomorrow and he’ll be leaving for college!!  I wanted to list a few “things” about Brady at two years so I can remember where he was and what he was doing when he does leave for college!!!

  • Brady is the friendliest little fella I’ve ever met.  I love love love how you say hiiiiii to anyone and  everything.  It also melts my heart when you tell all your toys bye bye and night night when you leave the room!
  • That little smile and those dimples melt my heart….and at this stage you’ve learned how to use them to your advantage!  When you can tell you’re about to get in trouble you look up at me and flash  those dimples and say hiiiiiiiiii!!  It doesn’t always work!!!
  • Your vocabulary has grown immensely over the past few months.  You repeat anything and everything!!   I don’t think there’s a word you won’t say when I ask you to. 
  • For the most part you know your colors……you don’t always repeat the correct one, but with a little help you’re all over it!!
  • Numbers and Letters?  You’re just not all that interested yet!  You can count to ten if mommy’s counting with you.  You’re just way to busy to worry with all that!!!
  • You are very active.  You would spend all day outside if I would let you.  you love playing baseball and soccer and throwing any ball!  You have a new fascination with bikes (which is good b/c mommy and daddy bought you a tricycle for your birthday!!).  When you’re not outside you spend your time pushing your cars around and playing with your trains!
  • I love the way your call your daddy!   daaaaaayyyeeaaaa.  And yes it is that drawn out!
  • You are starting to pretend, or rather you love to tease us!  “Look a twain…….dats not a twain” ! 

I know there’s a ton more I want to remember and I’ll probably add to this list in the next few days but for now that will have to do!

Brady Scott, mommy and daddy love you very much and are so thankful to have you in our lives.  We are so very proud of you!

1 comment:

The Brewer's said...

Happy birthday sweet Brady!!!