Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year….New Start

Starting a new year is always exciting.  A blank slate…starting over….setting goals.

This year is especially exciting for me.  January 20th will be my last day at Clear Brook High School.  This was an incredibly hard decision for me.  I’ve been at Brook for 11 years.  I met my husband there, I got married there, I had kids there…you get the picture!  It’s been a HUGE part of my life.  The only place I’ve really worked.  BUT when this job opportunity became available I knew God was telling me this was right for me and my family. 

I will be a sales representative and a trainer for an education technology company.  I will be selling the products I’ve been teaching my teachers how to use for the last year and a half.  I will be working from my home (when I’m not out selling) and will have a much more flexible schedule. 

There are several opportunities coming up for our family that both Jeff and I knew were the right things for us to do, but we didn’t know how in the world, with our work schedules, we were going to make them happen.  The, lo and behold the perfect opportunity becomes available…funny how that works huh?!?!?  I know God is in complete control of this and has orchestrated this perfect plan for us…. but this plan includes a pay check paid off commissions something I’m scared to death about!  I’m trying my hardest to set it free and trust in God’s perfect plan, but if you know me, you know I’m a planner and maybe a little Type “A”…SO please join us in prayer as we begin this new chapter in our lives.  I’m praying for peace and calm as I take the plunge…and I”m praying for my husband and my mother in law whom I will be leaving by themselves with my 3 children as I travel for 2 weeks at the end of the month and selfishly I’m praying our financial needs be met!  If not we’re going to be moving in with said Mother in Law!  I’m sure she’s on her knees now!!

Let go and Let God….my new or renewed motto!

1 comment:

cariocajoe said...

You're going to do great! I am very happy to have you as a member of the team.