Sunday afternoons are quickly becoming my favorite time!! Brady loves, loves, loves to help me in the kitchen. Anytime I'm cooking he runs up with his arms raised and literally grunts until I pick him up (yes we're working on "up please"). He loves to stir, watch me stir, sit on the counter and play with the ingredients...whatever the case may be, he loves to help! SO, we've started making homemade chocolate chip cookies on Sunday afternoons. Now don't worry, we won't do this EVERY Sunday afternoon because someone has to eat the cookies and I'd prefer it not be me! But, it's such a fun/special time. My grandmother was an amazing cook and really spent a lot of time with me as I was growing up teaching me how to cook. You know all the ins and outs of the kitchen....the difference between a pinch of this and a dash of that!! She took great care in preparing meals and goodies for the family, and took even more care in making sure I understood everything she was telling me. The memories I have of my time with Grandmom in the kitchen are so special to me. And as is true of a lot of memories you share with your Grandparents, the most important lessons I learned in that kitchen had nothing to do with cookies or pies. The recipe Brady and I are using is the same one I used with Grandmom, the same one my mom used with my sister and I, and the same one my sister uses with her munchkins. I love having this time, although I know to him right now it's all about eating the dough, to share with Brady. Hopefully he'll have special memories to share with his kids one day!!!
Mom, I think it needs another "pinch" of sugar
How grown up does my little man look in his button down and cords with his hair fixed. I couldn't help but stop and take his picture because I just wanted to eat him up he looked so cute!!! Yes, that's his croc he's holding in his hands. It was either hold the croc or not get the picture...what can you do!!!


funny story...well, not so much funny but typical Kim story. I LOVED this shirt that my mom and I found at Gymboree. It was one of his Christmas presents from Nana and Grandanny (along with the cords), but it was a little too small. Well of course Gymboree didn't have his size when I went to exchange it. I had them call all over Houston and even check Dallas thinking mom could bring it to me. NO 2t ANYWHERE. So, I get my money back and look online...they have it! I was so excited. Ordered it...came in the other day and I couldn't wait to put him in it. We go to dinner that night and of course he gets stuff all over him. I told Jeff on the way home that we needed to put shout on it as soon as we got home b/c I was NOT going to have this shirt stain. So, I pull the shirt off of him as soon as we walk in...oh look the shout is already sitting out on the washing machine...good. I spray the shirt down..I mean soak it...I'm not taking any chances on stains my friends! hmmm this smells a little funny....awesome...I just soaked my sons shirt in the bleach instead of the shout. That's right bleach!!!!
we'll see how many of you actually read my entire blog and get this story!!!



1 comment:
I read the whole blog! At least the shirt was white:). Did it ruin it?
Post a Comment